Use Our Checklists
To ensure you miss nothing when you're ready to buy
Please note that the items above are merely suggestions for some of the most common items that need to be attended to during a move and do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list. It may be that you need to
do more or less than the above. Please do not rely solely on the list provided here.
- Arrange a lawyer for closing.
- Arrange for TIPP payment program for taxes if available or desired.
- Contact the Home Owners Association (if applicable) to sign up for your membership.
- If a new build- Contact The City of Calgary to order garbage and recycling bins within one week prior to possession.
- If a new build- contact Canada post to arrange pick-up and location of mail keys mailbox within one week prior to possession.
- Get moving boxes and supplies / arrange for a moving company.
- Arrange caretaker for kids and pets if needed.
- Contact schools and register if necessary.
- Do necessary items on Seller Checklist if you have sold a home or condo.
- Arrange for phone services to be moved/changed to new address.
- Set up mail to be forward to new address (Canada Post).
- Notify Insurance Company prior to moving day to update information.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your belongings are covered during the move.
- Notify all utility companies of your change in address/ set up utilities at new address.
- If applicable- notify kids’ schools and arrange transfer of records.
- All membership cards.
- Licenses, registration and AB health cards.
- Credit cards and bank cards.
- Employer, dentist, and doctor.
- Any magazine subscriptions.
- Arrange elevator service for moving day if you have bought a condo or are moving out of a condo.
- Contact condominium association and notify of new residency status and setup condo fee monthly contribution payment.
- Setup your unit on the directory to ensure all your visitors can enter the building.
Data supplied by CREB®’s MLS ® System. CREB® is the owner of the copyright in its MLS® System. The Listing data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by CREB®.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.