Use Our Checklists
To ensure you miss nothing when you're ready to sell
Do necessary items on Buyer Check List if you have bought a new home or condo. Please note that the items above are merely suggestions for some of the most common items that need to be attended to during a move and
do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list. It may be that you need to do more or less than the above. Please do not rely solely on the list provided here.
Prior To Listing:
- Arrange a lawyer for closing.
- Ensure that your Real Property Report has been updated and has Municipal Compliance.
Once Your Sale Is Final:
- Arrange for any repairs/maintenance to be done as agreed upon in the sales contract.
- Arrange for unwanted items to be picked up or taken to the dump prior to moving day.
- Get moving boxes and supplies/ arrange for a moving company.
- Arrange for cleaning company to come in before possession date.
- Ensure all house keys, mail box keys and garage door openers for the home are returned and ready for new owners.
- Ensure to leave behind any warranty information and/or manuals for the home.
- Do necessary items on Buyers Checklist if you have bought a home or condo.
- Arrange for phone services to be moved changed to new address.
- If applicable- Contact schools and register if necessary.
- Set up mail to be forward to new address (Canada Post).
- Notify Insurance Company to update information.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your belongings are covered during the move.
- Notify all utility companies of your change in address/ set up utilities at new address.
- If applicable- notify kids’ schools and arrange transfer of records.
- All membership cards.
- Licenses, registration and AB health cards.
- Credit cards and bank cards.
- Employer, dentist, and doctor.
- Any magazine subscriptions.
- Arrange elevator service for moving day.
- Contact the management company to cancel automatic condo fee payments.
Data supplied by CREB®’s MLS® System. CREB® is the owner of the copyright in its MLS® System. The Listing data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by CREB®.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.